Things You Need To Know Before About Losing Weight

April 24, 2016
379 Views

I have a friend in college who is 5”4’ tall and who weighs only 120 lbs. I know it’s nothing special and her height and weight are almost perfectly proportional… But the thing is, she eats a lot… And by a lot I mean tall greasy burgers, stacks of fries and huge glass of soda. I, on the other hand, am 5”4’ in height and weigh 140 lbs. I guess my height and weight are still proportional but that’s because I’m trying my hardest to eat healthy and I also jog daily aside from my regular workouts. I know life is not supposed to be fair… But man, it really sucks sometimes (insert humor).

I used to envy her in some way because she gets to eat whatever she likes and not work her a*s off just to stay fit. While I need to exert extra discipline and effort just so I can stay healthy. So… After some intense readings and research, I finally understand why it is so much easier for some people to maintain their weight while others have to work hard for it. So if you are one of those people who still clueless why it’s easy for you to gain an extra pound while it will take a hell out of you to lose some, this one is for you.  Before you decide to jump off again to that newest fitness trend (because the current program didn’t work, just like the one before the prior), better get you facts straight first. Here are some of things you need to know first before losing weight:

You can blame genetics.

Studies suggest that genetics contributes in being overweight and obesity in a lot of ways. Your genes can affect your appetite, satiety (sense of feeling full after meals), metabolism, food craving, body-fat distribution and the inclination to utilize eating as a stress reliever. FTO gene is the gene associated with fat-mass and obesity, and studies show that people with a single-copy of FTO are more like to be over weight than those without it. Moreover, people with two-copies this particular gene have 40% more chances to have diabetes and 60% more chance to be obese. So, if your parents and siblings are overweight too, chances are the FTO gene is present in your body.

Your metabolism can be improved.

Your genes to a certain extent may control your metabolism. And while we can’t do anything about your genes, there are things you can do to speed up your metabolism. Speeding up your metabolism means faster calorie burning. Generally, physical activities help in hastening your metabolism. Going for a run or cycling every morning is a good form of physical activity. But if you want a more efficient way to strengthen your metabolism, you can enroll in fitness centers that offer both aerobic and strength training class that are both good metabolism boosters. Fitness First offers a very competitive aerobic and strength training classes that are both included with standard membership. Fitness First also offers other weight lost programs that are proven effective for many years.

Stress eating is a real thing.

Remember those times when you craved for your comfort foods after a fight with your boyfriend? Well, that is your emotions prompting you to eat even though you are not hungry. Don’t worry because psychology suggests that it is perfectly normal for humans to avoid pain and seek relieve. But the problem comes when that relief causes our diet to fall apart. However, there are things you can do to avoid stress eating. Try yoga for example. Yoga promotes a balance between healthy mind and body, it also promotes healthy metabolism. So the next time you feel like you need to indulge on your favorite ice cream because your boss’ email is not particularly pleasing, maybe you can visit a yoga studio near you instead.

Sleeping helps you to lose weight.

Ghrelin is the ‘hunger hormone’ that increases your appetite and your lack of sleep causes an increase of ghrelin production in your body. The more ghrelin you produce, the more you stimulate hunger while also reducing the amount of calories you burn and increasing the fat you store. Sleep deprivation is as much as bad for your overall health as to your weight gain problems. So it’s time to debunk the myth that sleeping makes you fat because it is actually the lack of sleep that’s making you gain weight. So, go ahead… Give your self some lovin’ by sleeping at least 8 hours per night. A little nap from time to time wouldn’t hurt as well… This will not only make you healthy, it will also help you shed some stubborn fats.

You may be interested

Best Things To Do in Cartagena
Featured
109 views
Featured
109 views

Best Things To Do in Cartagena

Editorial Staff - November 23, 2019

Unlike how Hollywood portrays Cartagena and Colombia, this place rocks. In fact, you should plan on bringing a good digital…

Successful Weight Loss Isn’t All Roses
Featured
461 views
Featured
461 views

Successful Weight Loss Isn’t All Roses

Editorial Staff - August 28, 2019

When you paid the Anytime Fitness for membership, your goal may have safe and effective weight loss through consistent exercise, among…

Load Up On Information About Carb Loading
Featured
651 views
Featured
651 views

Load Up On Information About Carb Loading

Editorial Staff - July 16, 2019

Bread, pizzas and pastas are the big three when it comes to carb loading and we have to say that…

Leave a Comment