All brides want to look their best on their big day. However, the stress of wedding day preparations may have an effect on them physically and mentally. Lack of sleep and rest may cause fat build up in different parts of the body.
If you are planning to wear a dress that exposes your arms, back, and legs, having excess fat might be a deal breaker. You probably thought of choosing another dress or covering up the ugly parts.
Do not be afraid to wear your dream wedding dress. There are still ways to tone your body and get it ready for your big day. Here are some of the workouts that you can do before you say I do:
- Planks – There are many different kinds of planks but all of them are focused on strengthening your core muscles. If you want to tone your whole body, this exercise is very important. For the basic plank, you just need to do a push-up position with arms and legs at shoulder width. You must focus your weight and energy on your core and stay in that position from one to two minutes, depending on your capacity. If you want a little twist, you can alternately bend your right and left elbows while doing the plank.
- Figure of Eight – This exercise will help you lose the jiggles on your arms. It really looks very easy to perform. You just have to stand straight, lift your arms, and rotate them while making figures of eight in the air. It might be easy to do, but it can be tiring after several repetitions.
- Push-up – Doing push-ups is another way of strengthening and toning your arms. It also strengthens your core. You can do different variations of push-ups in workout. For example, you can do a spider push-up. Just start with a normal push-up position with your ears and ankles in one line. As you lower yourself, bring your right knee to your right elbow. Slowly return your knee to its original position while you lift yourself back up.
- Dumbell Squat – This exercise will help you tone your biceps and triceps. It can also help you tone your butt. Just hold a dumbbell in a squat position and lift your arms above your shoulders as you try to stand up. Pause for a few seconds while you are on top. Then, slowly return to the starting position.
- Yoga – Yoga will not just tone your body, it can also help you manage stress. There are different yoga poses that you can do. One of which is the upward dog.
- Lunges – If you want to tone your legs, you can do different variations of lunges. You can add dumbbells so you can tone your legs and arms at the same time.
- Pilates Boxing – Punch your way to sexy arms. This combined work out can tone your arms while strengthening your core muscles. Just engage your core while doing some punches. You can also opt to try other Pilates moves like leg raises if you prefer to tone your legs.
Preparing for your wedding day should not be too stressful. In the end, the important thing is that you will be happy on that day. If you want to look good and feel good as a bride, you can start your preparations early. Fitness instructors can provide you a list of exercises that are fit for your needs. Fitness centers like Curves gym or Bally Total Fitness are widely known for helping women achieve their best body.
You may be interested
Reasons for Exercising on a Recumbent BikeEditorial Staff - May 4, 2020
Lying down while exercising. This is likely your first impression of a person on a recumbent bike at a Soul…
A Comparison Between Upright and Recumbent BikesEditorial Staff - April 27, 2020
The chain of Soul Cycle gyms offer a wide range of cycling workouts, one of the reasons for its enduring…
Stationary Biking Can Take You Places, Fitness-wiseEditorial Staff - April 22, 2020
Stationary bikes don’t look like much – these look like regular bikes with their handlebars, seat and frame. Many people…