Love it or hate it. Running is probably the best and simplest cardio workout to burn calories fast, and you don’t need to go to the gym to do so. Just wear those running shoes and hit the road or park near you. You can spice up your running routine by doing so in intervals. This means speeding up and slowing down your speed alternately. Pick up your pace and then slow down after some time.
This is another perfect way to burn those calories, tone your muscles and blow some steam off. It’s a full-body exercise that uses your legs and arms as you throw some kicks, jabs, hooks, and uppercuts. Plus, it increases your endurance and coordination. You can enroll in a gym that offers Kickboxing classes or have one-on-one training with a professional for this workout.
This is perhaps one of the most underrated exercises for weight loss. Aside from pumping your heart rate up and making you sweat like crazy, this workout also helps develop coordination.
How to do it:
- Do 10 reps of each jump type, drop your rope, and dash for about 5 seconds away from the rope.
- Run another 5 seconds towards the rope and do the rest of your jumps.
- Alternate each of your jumps so that it varies. And as much as possible, don’t rest in between the jumps.
Jump Rope Conditioning Jumps
- Basic two-foot jump
- High knees: bring both knees up on a high jump
- One leg: alternate
- One leg: same foot
- Double under
- Cross feet in and out sideways
- Cross hands
This exercise helps your core, chest, triceps, shoulders, and quads as it involves plyometric movements and gets your heart rate up and running.
How to do it:
- Stand with your feet apart. Bring your hips back and lower your body to the ground doing a low squat.
- Set your hands outside your feet. Hop and bring your feet back, and allow your chest to touch the floor.
- Push your body up into a plank position and hop back in a low squat position.
- Putting your weight in your heels, jump up into the air with your arms up.
Don’t worry. You won’t need to climb an actual mountain for this exercise. Just imagine that you are climbing a real one. This exercise burns fat fast and strengthens your core and other body muscles.
How to do it:
- Do a high-plank and position your wrists just directly under your shoulders.
- Draw your belly button in keeping your core tight.
- Bring your right knee first towards your chest and bring it back to a plank pose.
- Do the same to your left knee.
- Continue the exercise while alternating sides.
This workout will help you build muscles and makes your metabolism faster, which leads to more calories burned. It also helps prevent osteoporosis and makes your bones grow stronger.
You can try and do a basic dumbbell circuit:
- Pick up a dumbbell and do ten squats.
- Do ten dumbbell rows each arm and ten push-ups of your choice.
- Do the next exercise once you finish the reps and do three rounds.
- You can rest for a minute or two in between per round.
- Increase the weight to make it more challenging.
Whether you use an actual or a stationary bike, spinning is a great way to burn those calories and build endurance. It has become a hot trend for weight-loss programs that targets your biggest and strongest muscles. If you are not into running, spinning might be good for you. It’s more than just pedaling at speed. It’s a low-impact option that pumps up your heart rate, engages your core, and tones your thighs and glutes too.
If you are not the running or gym buddy type and enjoy the water, swimming may be a perfect workout for you. This low-impact workout combines cardio and strength training at the same time. Plus, the water serves as a resistance that lets you use more muscles to move and teaches you to breathe wisely. It’s a total-body exercise that increases strength and endurance.
Naked: >> Want to know more about yoga, health and wellness? Our friends from Lotus Kitty would be happy to help. Go to www.lotuskitty.com.
If you are planning to start your weight-loss journey, exercising is the best way to go. Aside from having a balanced diet, it is important to maintain an active lifestyle to support your weight-loss journey. Plus, aside from burning calories, exercising has a lot of benefits to your body and mind. It keeps you physically fit, healthy and happy.