There’s new trend going on. Women have noticed being skinny doesn’t help when they feel weak and frail all the time. These days, they embrace the beauty of having fuller shoulders, meatier thighs, and bigger booties.
The Importance of Bulking Up
If you check out the workout programs for women either online or in the gym, you’ll find out that most of them are related to weight loss. Maybe this is due to the pressures in society, where having stick-thin arms and tiny waistlines are venerated. A lot of women don’t want to succumb to the pressure anymore. They want their voices to be heard, their opinions not to be taken for granted, to gain more confidence, and so they decide to grow instead of shrink.
Having this mindset will program your mind and body to be healthy. And by working out using heavy weights, you are able to quickly develop muscles that keep your metabolism active. It balances your hormones, improves the health of the heart, and increases the energy levels. Furthermore, by having a bigger body, you are able to lessen the risks of injuries while working out.
Losing excess fat is great and it certainly benefits the overall health. If you want to feel more empowered however, concentrate on gaining muscles instead.
Go Big Workouts
Exercising at home is fine. However, there may be too many distractions or you may not have the right equipment. No need to enroll in an expensive health club. Go to a no-frills gym like YouFit, where you can find exercise machines, free weights, and cardio equipment.
Below are six exercises. Each of them needs to be performed with as many reps as possible within 30 seconds. Rest for 30 seconds and then move on to the next. Once you have completed the set, do three of four more sets.
- Barbell front squat and full press. Stand straight with your feet apart. Using an overhand grip and your hands wider than you shoulders, hold a 40-pound barbell and place it in front of your thighs. Rotate the elbows under and then pull the bar up until it reaches your collarbone. Your upper arms should be parallel to the floor.
Do a squat by bending your knees, with the hips almost touching the lower legs. Stand up by putting pressure into the balls of your feet. One you’re already standing, push the bar over your head, with your elbows bent slightly and your arms stretched fully. Go back to the original position and repeat the process.
Note: If the barbell is too heavy, choose lighter plates for the meantime. You can add heavier weights when you get stronger.
- Deadlift row. Start with the same position as the first exercise. Brace your abdomen as you lower down the barbell (your hips will be pushed back); stop when it reaches the front of the shins. Pause for two seconds before pulling the bar up until it reaches the front of the ribcage.
In this position, you are leaning forward and not standing. Remember to keep a good posture or it will cause back problems. Return the bar to the front of the shins and then go back to your original position.
- Jump squat. Cup the back of your head with your palms and stand with your feet apart. Do a partial squat and then jump as high as possible. Jump as many times as you can within the time limit.
- Barbell pushup and rolling. Place a yoga matt on the floor. Kneel on it, and lean forward, while holding a barbell with a 5-pound plate on each side. Pull the bar towards your abdomen as you lower yourself, and stop once the bar is already below your chest. Next, roll the barbell forward by straightening your arms.
- Double leg stretch. Lie on the floor and pull your knees up until they reach your chest. Contract your abs, pull your shins using your hands, and tuck your chin. Release your hold and stretch your arms and legs until you form a V shape.
- Runner’s lunge and knee skip. Start with your left knee bent and your left foot in front. Hands touching the floor and right leg stretched back. Jump off your left foot while driving your right knee up into the air. Go back to the starting lunge position, but with the right foot in front this time.
You may be interested
Best Things To Do in CartagenaEditorial Staff - November 23, 2019
Unlike how Hollywood portrays Cartagena and Colombia, this place rocks. In fact, you should plan on bringing a good digital…
Successful Weight Loss Isn’t All RosesEditorial Staff - August 28, 2019
When you paid the Anytime Fitness for membership, your goal may have safe and effective weight loss through consistent exercise, among…