To start a great day, a lot of people would eat a heavy breakfast to give them energy for the rest of the day (or at least until lunchtime). If you’re serious about being energetic however, you can perform morning exercises before you prepare your eggs and bacon. These are short drills that should not take a lot of your time, but will definitely pump your blood to get you going for the day ahead.
Don’t shock your body. Do dynamic flexibility and mobility motions to prepare yourself. Between exercises, rest for 30 seconds. After one round, rest for one minute and then do another round. These movements should be completed fast.
- 5 reps of 3-step lateral run and pause. To perform a rep, stand straight and then do a sideways high-knee run. Run on the balls of the feet, taking three lateral steps in total, and remember to maintain a nice upright posture. Pause on your third step for about two seconds before you run on the opposite path.
- 8 reps of lateral speed lunge. From a squatting/athletic position, quickly step to the right laterally. With a good squat form, touch the floor in front of your right foot using your left hand. Drive your body up immediately as you step to the left, and then touch the floor on your left foot with your right hand. Jump from side to side with your body completely extended.
- 10 reps per leg of Spiderman climb. Begin with the pushup position, where your arms are extended. Lift your left leg, bringing the knee to the side of the left shoulder as the foot touches the ground. Return the leg to the original position slowly. Repeat the process with the right leg.
All these cardio workouts can be completed in just one minute in total. Perform each exercise for 15 seconds and then move to the next without taking a break.
- Mountain Climber. Starting from the pushup position, with the head in line with the body, lift your right knee until it touches your pec, and then move it back to the original position. Do alternate movements with your left leg.
- Hop side to side. Stand with your feet beside each other. Hop to the side by about three feet with one foot pushing the body up. You will land on your other foot, which you need to use in springing yourself back to the opposite direction.
- High knees. Run without changing position. Drive each knee towards your chest.
- Jumping Jacks. Start with hands in their normal position, pointing towards the ground, and your feet about 12 inches apart. As you jump, move your arms above your head and simultaneously spread your feet wide apart. Move back to the original position and then repeat the process.
STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING
Perform two sets with five repetitions of the below. If you can squeeze in more reps per 20-second workout, the better. Take a 30-second rest between each exercise.
- Pushups with Row. Start with a pushup position. Straighten your arms and place your arms on light dumbbells. Squeeze your glutes and arms while you perform the pushup. Once you’re at the top, lift one dumbbell until the elbow is positioned just above the back. Return the arm to starting position and then do the same move using the other arm.
- Single-Leg RDL. Stand with feet apart (more than the width of the shoulders). Raise one foot, extending it behind you, and continue until your upper body and your raised leg are parallel to the floor. Maintain the position by bracing your abs and contracting your glutes as you focus on the balance. After two to three seconds, get back to the original position, and wait ten seconds before changing legs.
- Jumps. Dip down at your knees and hips and then jump high.
- Two-Way Lunges. Stand straight. Using one leg, take a large step forward, and then lunge backward immediately. Repeat ten times before swapping the legs.
- Glute Bridges. Lie with your back on the floor. Bend your knees until your feet are flat on the ground. Lift your lower back off the floor by raising your hips and squeezing your glutes. Hold for about 20 seconds and then release.
These exercises are great, but to be honest, you need longer workout time in the gym to really develop your muscles. If you aren’t a member of any gym yet, try Planet Fitness and find out the ways they can help you achieve an impressive physique.
You may be interested
Best Things To Do in CartagenaEditorial Staff - November 23, 2019
Unlike how Hollywood portrays Cartagena and Colombia, this place rocks. In fact, you should plan on bringing a good digital…
Successful Weight Loss Isn’t All RosesEditorial Staff - August 28, 2019
When you paid the Anytime Fitness for membership, your goal may have safe and effective weight loss through consistent exercise, among…