Say Goodbye To Batwings
Batwings are the flaps of loose skin hanging from your upper arms so-called because these mimic the appearance of actual bat’s wings. These pockets of sagging skin aren’t beautiful to see, especially when you’re conscious about your appearance in a sleeveless shirts and dresses. Even the thought of wearing a tank top, a tube top, or a halter dress may not be appealing because of them.
The good news: There are several bodyweight arm exercises that can lessen the appearance of batwings! These exercises, which obviously don’t require the use of a dumbbell or a barbell, will tighten and tone your upper arms. The result will be less of the batwings and more of the arms worthy to be flaunted in sexy dresses.
Rolling the Ball
You can choose between a soccer ball or a medicine ball in this exercise depending on what’s available and what you’re comfortable with.
- Assume a plank position. Don’t bend or arc your back since you can injure it otherwise.
- Place your left hand on the floor and your right hand on the ball. Find a comfortable position since you will be performing upward and downward movements.
- Lower your body slowly. Clench the muscles in your shoulders and abdomen during the movement. Use your elbows in keeping your stability.
- Stay in the down position for a couple of seconds.
- Push up so that your body also moves up.
- Pass the ball from your right hand to your left hand.
- Repeat the process.
Repeat these steps at least five times or as many as you can but don’t let your arms become fatigued.
Pilates is a popular physical fitness system designed for increased flexibility, core strength and body control and awareness, among other goals. Among its arm-friendly moves is boxing, which has the double benefit of toning the arms and burning fats. You are hitting two problem areas with a single movement.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Again, comfort is key here so if you’re uncomfortable or unstable in a stance, you should adjust it.
- Bend your knees followed by bending forward from your waist. Check that your spine is still in its neutral position.
- Place your fists to your shoulders as if you’re preparing to box.
- Box with your right hand making a forward motion. Keep your elbows up and clench your abdominal muscles during the movement.
- Repeat the boxing motion with your left hand.
- Box the air as many times as you can although the recommended number is 20 times on each side.
These exercises should be performed for several weeks before you can see an improvement. You should also engage in other cardio and strength training exercises for at American Family Fitness best results.
You may be interested
Best Things To Do in CartagenaEditorial Staff - November 23, 2019
Unlike how Hollywood portrays Cartagena and Colombia, this place rocks. In fact, you should plan on bringing a good digital…
Successful Weight Loss Isn’t All RosesEditorial Staff - August 28, 2019
When you paid the Anytime Fitness for membership, your goal may have safe and effective weight loss through consistent exercise, among…