The goal of losing weight can be a daunting task for some people. There are a lot of considerations involved such as the right food to eat, the right exercises to engage in, and the kind of people or social gathering to avoid.
Let us consider the area of physical intervention for it is the route that can produce immediate results. If you are overweight and would want to lose 10 pounds in a span of four weeks, you need to consider the following exercises.
Mini Circuit 1
For these exercises, you will need one set of dumbbells, around 3 to 5 pounds each, gliding discs and a couple of hand towels.
A) Pike, Push and Tush Lift – these exercises will target your chest, arms, shoulders and butt.
- Begin in down dog position on the floor, and balance your hands and toes by forming an inverted V.
- Bend your elbows out to your sides to lower your torso toward the ground, and then press up to down dog.
- Lift your right leg behind you, and then sweep it out to your side and down to tap your toes to the floor.
- Immediately reverse your movements by lifting your right leg out to the side, and then rising up and around as if you’re drawing a circle. This is one rep.
- Perform from 8 to 12 reps.
- Switch sides and repeat three times.
B) Carver Curtsy – these exercises will work on your triceps, inner and outer thighs and your butt.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your right foot on top of a disc. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and raise your arms overhead.
- Slide your right leg back and cross it behind your left leg. Lower your body into a curtsy lunge as you bend your elbows to lower the weights behind your head. If you don’t have any disc, just go into a curtsy form.
- Reverse your movements going back to where you started.
- Repeat 12 times and then switch sides and repeat again.
C) Recumbent Bike – these movements focus on your abs and hamstrings.
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and your heels on top of two gliding discs with your feet flexed. Lean back your torso at 45 degrees and extend your arms forward with your palms up.
- Slide your left heel forward so that your leg is nearly extended, and then slide it back to its original position. Repeat this movement with your right heel, sliding it in and out.
- Slide both your heels forward, and then back to their original position. This is one rep.
- Perform 20 to 30 reps.
D) EMOM – this is a shortened term for Every Minute on the Minute. These movements target your shoulders, chest, arms, back, legs and butt.
At the beginning of every minute for the following four minutes, you need to do these three drills as fast as you can. If you are a beginner, you can do it for two minutes and complete the circuit twice.
- Perform 10 tuck jumps: start by squatting down, then jumping up, bringing your knees toward your chest and then ending the movements by landing in a squat. If you are a beginner, you can just perform a high-knees jog.
- Do 10 regular pushups or 10 modified pushups on your knees.
- Perform 10 mountain climbers
Mini Circuit 2
A) Back and Booty – these movements target your back, butt and shoulders.
- Lie face down on the floor while holding a dumbbell in each hand with your arms stretched forward and your palms down.
- Lift your arms, chest and legs off the floor but keep your chest and legs lifted throughout. Raise and lower your arms several inches without letting the dumbbells touch the ground.
- Stretch your arms out forming a V shape and repeat the lift.
- Finally, bring your arms directly out to the sides in a T shape and repeat. This is one rep.
- Perform 12 reps.
B) Frogger – these exercises concentrate on your butt
- Lie on the floor.
- Bend your left leg out to your side at hip level with foot flexed and then press leg back, extending it behind you.
- Bend your left knee as you bring it out to your side again.
- Perform 25 reps and then switch sides and repeat.
C) Plank-up Jack – these exercises focus on your shoulders, chest, back, triceps, butt and abs.
- Start with your forearm in plank position on the floor and balance your body on your forearms and toes.
- Lift your left arm and place your left palm on the floor beneath your shoulder while straightening your arm. Repeat with your right arm until you are in full plank position.
- Reverse motion back to your forearm in plank position and repeat, this time pressing up with your right arm, and then your left arm.
- While in full plank position, extend your feet out, and then back together twice. This is one rep.
- Perform from 8 to 12 reps.
You may be interested
Best Things To Do in CartagenaEditorial Staff - November 23, 2019
Unlike how Hollywood portrays Cartagena and Colombia, this place rocks. In fact, you should plan on bringing a good digital…
Successful Weight Loss Isn’t All RosesEditorial Staff - August 28, 2019
When you paid the Anytime Fitness for membership, your goal may have safe and effective weight loss through consistent exercise, among…