The Zyzz workout involves a 5-day exercise plan, the central focus of which is for the individual to push himself to the limit and strive to improve his performance in the succeeding workout sessions. This workout is for you if you want to extend your present strength limits.
The Originator of the Zyzz Workout
The Zyzz Workout was developed by Aziz Shavershian, aka Zyzz. He has been dead for over a year now, and yet he is still popular among those who watch his YouTube videos.
When he was still alive, Aziz became popular in just a short time because of his YouTube videos displaying his provocative attitude. His fans include a lot of fitness enthusiasts and young bodybuilders.
Aziz’s amazing physique and his eccentric lifestyle became a popular point of discussion in several fitness and bodybuilding online forums. He practiced a fast and reckless lifestyle by doing a lot of partying, mixing his drinking with his fitness training, and using steroids while eating a clean diet.
This notorious lifestyle naturally elicited conflicting assessments from his followers and independent observers. You would be right in thinking that Aziz is a rebel and his behavior as that of an egotist and a narcissist.
But it cannot be denied that he indeed has a great body shape. The story behind his transformation from a skinny kid having no self-esteem to being a fitness celebrity in the level of popular bodybuilders is just the right theme for a great Hollywood movie.
The Zyzz Workout
The overall purpose of the Zyzz Workout is to push you to the limit in every session. Here is a sample of its 5-day workout routine.
1. Monday – focus are on your chest and biceps
- Flat Barbell Bench Press – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Fly – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press – 4 sets x 8-10 reps
- Wide-Grip Dips – 3 sets x to failure
- Preacher Curls – 3 sets x 8-10 reps (Drop sets: perform 8-10 reps, then cut the weight in half and perform another 8)
- Barbell Curls – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
2. Tuesday – focus are on your legs and calves
- Leg Curls – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Leg Extensions – 3 sets x to failure
- Leg Press – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Barbell Squats – 4 sets x 8-10 reps
- Calves – Train on instinct by performing a few sets on a few different machines.
- Dumbbell Lunges – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
3. Wednesday – focus is on your back
- One Arm Dumbbell Rows – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Rows – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Hyperextensions – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Lat Pulldowns – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Deadlifts – 4 sets x 8-10 reps
4. Thursday – focus are on your shoulders and triceps
- Close-Grip Bench Press – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Front Raises – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Overhead Dumbbell Press – 4 sets x 8-10 reps
- Skullcrushers- 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Upright Rows supersetted w/ Lateral Raises – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Cable Pushdowns – 4 sets x 8-10 reps
- Lying Rear Delt Side Raises – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
5. Friday – rest day
6. Saturday – focus is on your whole body
- Squats – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Overhand Chin Ups – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Deadlifts – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
- Clean & Jerk – 3 sets x 8-10 reps
Assessment of the Zyzz Workout from a Fitness Expert
If you are interested in performing the 5-day Zyzz workout plan, it will help if you will consider an independent assessment from a fitness expert.
Day 1 – the chest workout is a standard regimen, but research studies do not support the practice of drop sets. It won’t hurt you though if you do it. But if you really want to develop your biceps, you need to include a supinating dumbbell curl.
Day 2 – the leg routine is also a standard workout regimen. The addition of calf training is a wise move.
Day 3 – the hyperextensions included in this workout routine will not be necessary if you are already performing deadlifts. Doing several deadlifts are enough for strengthening your lower back.
Day 4 – be careful in performing upright rows because they can put your shoulder joints in a dangerous position. It is better to use side lateral raises instead. You are also engaging your shoulder’s anterior head with the shoulder and chest presses, therefore there is really no need to do direct front raises.
Day 5 – doing deadlifts and heavy squats two times a week is bordering on overkill. These routines will strain your lower back needlessly.
It is really amazing that Aziz was able to develop a great body shape with his workout plan. If you really want to have a body shape like that, and be on the safe side as well, you need to follow the standard moves, and keep away from the unorthodox ones. You want an amazing body, but you don’t need to endanger yourself.