James Bond is well known around the world. Whoever portrays this character instantly earns worldwide fame. At present, it is the 43 year old Daniel Craig playing the plum role.
You would think that a man this old will not be able to do the stunts that a James Bond is required to do. But Craig is a different fellow. He is able to handle the brutal physical demands of the role because of his previous and ongoing physical training.
Craig can take it because he has been muscled up long ago. Therefore, if there is a requirement for him to beef up for a certain role, he can easily produce the results. He only needs to start lifting more weights, and increase his intake of protein and calories.
But of course, you cannot ignore the role that a systematic workout plan can have in developing an amazing Daniel Craig physique.
Daniel Craig’s Approach
It is interesting to note that Craig has developed his well-defined muscles through a simple workout plan. But it is effective as proven by his physical form. Craig says that he already gave up smoking and exercises 5 times a week.
On weekends, he gives himself all the leeway in eating and drinking what he wants. His workouts usually last for about 45 minutes. He asked his physical trainer Simon Waterson to help him develop a form that is meant to “kill someone when I take my shirt off.”
The Daniel Craig Workout
Here is a detailed description of the weekly workout plan used by Daniel Craig. It actually begins with a full body circuit. After completing the circuit, he is focused on building muscles from Tuesday to Thursday, and then Craig repeats the full body circuit on Friday.
1 Monday and Friday – focus on full body circuit
A circuit that is completed is considered as one set. You need to do 15 reps for every exercise with a short rest in between. After completing one set, rest for about 3 to 4 minutes and repeat the set. Complete 3 sets and you are done.
- Clean and Press
- Weighted Knee Raise
- Weighted Step-ups
- Incline Pushup
- Triceps Dips
2 Tuesday – focus on your chest and back
- Incline Bench Press – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Pull-ups – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Incline Pushup – 4 sets of 10 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flys – 4 sets of 10 reps
3 Wednesday – focus on your legs
- Squat – 4sets of 10 reps
- Straight-Leg Deadlifts – 4sets of 10 reps
- Hamstring Curl – 4sets of 10 reps
- Weighted Lunge – 4sets of 10 reps
4 Thursday – focus on your shoulders and arms
- Incline Biceps Curls – 4sets of 10 reps
- Triceps Dips – 4sets of 10 reps
- Lateral Raises – 4sets of 10 reps
- Shoulder Press – 4sets of 10 reps
5 Saturday and Sunday – focus on light cardio, or rest day.
Assessment of the Daniel Craig Workout from a Fitness Guru
Typically, when considering a workout designed for a celebrity, it would be wise not to strictly follow all the exercise routines that were specified. In fact, there are better ways to give your body a full workout, especially since you are not required to beef up that much. With that said, this Daniel Craig workout is really pretty effective in building an amazing body.
Here are some modifications you might want to incorporate in your workout.
- If you are on the skinny side, you can add 5 to 10 per cent of your body weight with this work. A lot depends on your fitness goals and your body requirement. By decreasing the reps and increasing the weights, you can increase your muscle size.
But if you want to reduce the volume of your muscles, change the weights every 4 weeks and concentrate on exercises that focus on reducing muscle size.
- Try to perform 70 per cent of your first set on the first rep, and then try to get around 80 per cent on the second set, and put off all the stops on your last set. Don’t worry if you can’t finish the last set, as long as you are doing it 100 per cent.
You need to understand that Daniel Craig has a lot of impetus to keep himself in excellent shape for his action roles. He needs to be at the top of his game because the entire movie budget depends on how he appears on the large screen.
Since you don’t have that much pressure, you don’t need to push yourself more than you need to. As long as you are able to get a physique that closely resembles that of Craig, whatever workout you are performing now, which should be as close as possible to Craig’s will suffice. And don’t forget your diet. A healthy diet is an integral part of the development of good muscle size and tone.